Re: Atari vector wiring harness question

From: <akswanson_at_ntelos.net>
Date: Thu Jan 17 2013 - 11:07:37 EST

        I think they are very similar.  Not sure about Quantum, but Space
Duel & Graviatar are very similar, other then the monitor power, and
the plug that "joins" the two harnesses.  Its 6 pin on
Gravitar and 4 pin  + 2 pin on Space Duel.  I think its just
for speaker and coin lights.

> In my search for an original unhacked Quantum harness, I have
come

> across some questions.

> I think (not confirmed, if someone could check their game, it would
be

> appreciated), but if a harness was pulled out of a Quantum, there
would be

> two totally separate unconnected pieces.  One main piece that
connects to

> the PCB, and another smaller (actually "less involved"
would be a better

> word choice) piece that connects to the transformer brick and
flow up the

> left inside of the cabinet and supplies power to the marquee and
possibly

> the monitor too, and maybe the back door push switch (don&#39;t
recall if

> Quantum used that).  If I remember it correctly, just before
the

> connection for the monitor is a connection for power from the left
side

> harness.  This would be the one point of connection between the
two

> harnesses, easily separated by just unplugging them.

> If that is true and there are two totally separate and distinct
pieces, is

> the less involved piece, i.e., the piece that goes along the left
inside

> with power to the marquee light generic among the Atari vectors?

> So, on an original unhacked harness, would there be two separate
wiring

> pieces?

> (assuming yes...)

> What is the tag number of the less involved piece?

> Is that piece generic and interchangeable with other Atari
vectors? (I

> guess this could be answered by matching tag numbers to other
Atari

> vectors).

> I&#39;m at work right now so I don&#39;t have access to check my
emails, but I

> recall someone replied with the harness tag numbers.  Where was
that info

> located?  I could look up some of the other Atari vectors
myself so see if

> they are listed.

> I&#39;m making progress, but haven&#39;t located one yet.  If
anyone could help

> with the questions here, it would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,