Re: WG 6199 HV section help

From: Pat Danis <patdanis_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon Feb 11 2013 - 09:17:13 EST

Well, that was interesting. It turned out to be the 555 timer. After
rechecking everything in the HV cage (and out of desperation), I
replaced the timer with one from a pull from another cage I had. It
worked. Then I still had low High Voltage at about 136v. Traced it
back to ZD901. Replaced it and all is good now. The 555 I used as a
replacement was of the CMOS variety the first time. Don't know if that
would cause an issue or not. May have to get some regular 555's for
next time. Thanks for all of the assistance. Sometimes you need
another brain to make sure that yours is still working.

Pat