Re: Tempest displays on scope, but not 6100

From: IAN EURE <ieure_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Jun 29 2013 - 19:30:21 EDT

Where are these? The 6100 harness has X/Y deflection & ground connections, and RGB + ground, which seems to be the entirety of the video signal. It's my understanding that the RGB outputs *are* the "Z" levels for each of the color guns, and mixing different intensities of RGB are what produces the color. But maybe you mean something upstream, in the digital section?

I'm pretty convinced that it isn't the Z outputs at all. Even if Z was totally disconnected, if I had XY inputs and cranked the screen control, I should see *something* as the beam was deflected. But I have no deflection, only on the 6100.