Re: No video on battlezone cabaret

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun Jul 14 2013 - 02:34:29 EDT

On 07/13/2013 11:12 PM, Mitch Patenaude wrote:
> I've got an BZ cabaret at california extreme (an arcade show in
> California), and it stopped displaying anything on the monitor
> tonight... plays blind. Opening the back I don't see any spot killer
> LED, but I also don't see any neck glow. (I also couldn't hear any
> chatter, but it's pretty loud there, so I might not have been able to..)
>
> My first thought was fuses. It looks like the 60vac supply to the
> monitor is unfused in the main fuse block, but there are some fuses in
> the monitor itself. F100 and F101 (5A SB) look like likely candidates,
> as does F102 (1A SB). Anything else I should check? Assuming it is
> one of the fuses, am I ok just replacing the fuse and seeing if it
> blows again, or should I wait and do a full cap-kit first?
>
> Thanks,
> -- Mitch Patenaude
Hi Mitch,

Watch for the Spot Killer LED when you first turn the game on. It should
light up for a very short time if all is well. The lack of neck glow is
certainly an indication of a power shortage...any chance the monitor
plugs are loose?

The monitor picture tube filament gets its' power directly (3A fuse -
are the coin door lights lit? Same fuse) from the main transformer -
there is a small chance the series resistor - R104 (1R5, 1W, 5%) - is
open. this is for the early GO5 monitor, R102 for the -802/-805 series.

John :-#)#

                  www.flippers.com