Re: Need a M47EAA19WS CRT neck part

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Sat Aug 31 2013 - 14:39:49 EDT

On 08/30/2013 11:33 AM, William Boucher wrote:
> I recently purchased two brand new M47EAA19WS CRT's from Video Display
> Corp.
> http://vdc.mybisi.com/product/m47eaa19ws-1
>
> I received them by Fed-Ex in short order. Unfortunately for me, one
> of them has a manufacturing defect. I emailed VDC immediately but it
> has been several days and they have not responded.
>
> The problem is that the little plastic connector piece that goes over
> the neck pins is melted really badly so nothing can be plugged into it.

> As you can see, the part is melted so badly that I cannot even remove
> the pin protector.
>
> Would anyone happen to have a spare plastic part like this that I
> could have/buy ? Maybe someone has a broken or super-dim CRT lying
> around that this part can be taken from.
>
> Now I wish I had not tossed out the old tubes from my Asteroids Deluxe
> and Star Castle. Either one of them would have provided the correct
> plastic piece.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> William Boucher
> http://www.biltronix.com

That actually looks like it was crushed down onto the tube -perhaps in
transit - the plastic has warped as a result. No sign of the shipping
box being squished? No imprint of the end of the tube on the underside
of the box lids?

I take it the main plastic part is stuck to the nipple? I have found
they will come off with a rocking motion while you pull...

John :-#)#

                  www.flippers.com