6100 help

From: Joel Griffin Dodd <griffindodd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Feb 08 2014 - 22:14:50 EST

Hi all.

Trying to repair the 6100 in an Atari Space Duel I picked up.

Did a Bob Roberts kit on the HV and an LV2000 on the deflection with
replacement caps and replacement transistors on the chassis. The deflection
powers up on its own and voltages on the LV2000 test good.

With everything assembled the monitor powers up for about 2 seconds and
then the HV box makes a click and the + 26v LED on the LV2000 goes out,
this happens about 1 second after the spot killer led at D800 turns off on
power up. Even after the click I still have the white spot of doom on the
tube and neck glow but no picture. Game plays blind and fine.

I can repeat this process by powering off and back on again. No fuses are
blown

Prior to the rebuild the monitor had burned out the LV area of the board.

Looking for suggestions at this point.

Thanks

Joel