Re: Weird ad and a monitor ident

From: Jon Raiford <raiford_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 08:21:18 EDT

At 11:45 PM 10/12/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>On another note, I'm still having trouble finding schematics a monitor
>motherboard I have. I went to New England Coin-Op a while back (I can't get
>the old names out of my head), and they gave me a schematic for a Sharp
>Image SI-319. That's what I thougth I had, by looking at the pictures
>online, but alas the schematic doesn't match up with the motherboard.

First things first.. Will you scan that monitor schematic and send it to me? I'm putting up a monitor web site and I don't think I've ever seen that schem around...

>The only things I have to go on are: the motherboard has "KTM" etched on
>it, it has detached controls (for Brightness, H-Sub Position, H-Hold,
>V-Hold, V-Height, V-Position), and is a 19" monitor in a black metal open
>frame.

That almost sounds like the description of a Hantarex, although I might think that only because I read through the manual for a MTC9000 yesterday and still have it fresh on my mind :) I guess you probably need to provide a better description of the monitor or provide pics.

>Has anyone seen one of these and know what it is? I believe KTM is Korean -
>probably one of the cheaper replacement monitors, since the operator I
>bought this from is cheap (and won't help people who buy anything from
>them).

Cheap or not, it has the relocatable controls.. those are cool.

Jon