Good source for 2S* transistors

From: Werner Sharp <sharpw_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 08:23:35 EDT

<x-flowed>
Hi everyone,

I'm working on the WG4600 monitor and need to order a bunch of 2S*
transistors. Is there a particularly good source for these? I'm hoping
to avoid the NTE equivalents at $4 a chip and instead get them at something
more reasonable.

The monitor I'm working had only 1/3 of the screen visible when I
started. I replaced both vertical deflection transistors on the XY board
and I now have a full screen image. It rolls vertically though and has a
slightly horizontal wave to it. It's not the sync signal or the vertical
hold pot but something else going on. The 127v voltage is up at 144v or so
but I don't know if that is a big problem. It has a new cap kit in it so
all the caps should be go. I'm been through the troubleshooting flowchart
and started going through the transistors one by one. If anyone has any
good suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I think the problem is on the XY
card but I'm not sure. I have four of them and this one worked the best
of the bunch. I've also swapped in 4 different video interface cards with
no effect.

Thanks for any info.

Werner Sharp
sharpw@bellsouth.net