Re: TECH: Kortek Videomaster monitor failures

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 12:31:47 EDT

<x-flowed>
I had no idea Bob had those, hmmm, now I might try saving some of my Kortek
junkers. Should really check his site more thoroughly...

The 160V is for the screen drive, it should be filtered with a capacitor -
typical value of 10ufd/200VDC, and you want a low ESR cap there and any
caps on the output side of the Flyback transformer. Failure here will cause

Economies of scale, plus video game monitors tend to be better built (US
made ones at least) as they are expected to run 24/7.

John :-#)#