Gorf RGB Conversion Board Repair

From: Steven Winslow <winslow_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 12:13:36 EST

Hello !

I've got a working Gorf game. The only problem is I can't seem to lock in
the vertical sync - the monitor rolls vertically. - Picture available if
necessary -

I've replaced the Gorf PCB set with a tested/known working PCB set and
replaced the monitor chassis (G07) with a known working one so I assume the
problem is on the small RGB conversion board. What is the story with these
boards ?

1. What commonly fails on them ?

2. There is a single chip on the board TBA530 - are these available
anywhere ?

3. Is there anywhere else I should be looking for the cause of this problem ?

I've already replaced Q1 the 2N4401 transistor and CR1 the 1N5232B diode
but no change.

Thanks for any information or suggestions you might have ....

Steve Winslow