I, Robot joystick inversion

From: Tom McClintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 13:10:12 EST

I'm swapping out my I, Robot joystick with one of the
'newer' Hall Effect joysticks (circa 1989). However,
the orientation of the hall-effect pcb is such that I
cannot fit the control panel with joystick onto the
cabinet. The hall-effect pcb sticks out about an inch
too much.

I can, however, rotate the joystick 180 degrees and
everything fits just fine. This also has the
challenging effect of inverting my controls - down is
up, and left is right.

Is my best solution to wire up a 7404 hex inverter for
the X and Y joystick outputs, or is there something
else I am missing?

tm