Re: 70's Midway board problem

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 03:27:13 EDT

How can you have a bit 12 when it's an 8-bit machine?

The most common problem on those old Midway games were where the two
boards plugged together. The motherboard had the processor, RAM, &
EPROM, but the daughterboard had the data shifter array. If you get
poor connections to those shifter you will have characters that break up
as they move across the screen.