Re: Stratovox Board Problem

From: Matt Rossiter <rossiter_at_ni.net>
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 16:32:02 EDT

Well, I've taken one step forward and two steps back. After noticing that
the game starts to reset after a few minutes - I located the faulty chip
(BCD-Decimal encoder 74LS42) with a can of freeze spray. This is used for
selecting roms1-6 - so it made sense that this chip might be faulty. I put
in a 16 pin socket and tried using a new 7442 chip since I don't seem to
have any spare 74LS42's laying around - and now the game is even worse.
 So - hopefully it'll work after I go to the store and get some new
74LS42's.

By the way, if anyone from Southern California is interested in a
Stratovox - let me know. I would like to get this thing out of my garage.
It's actually in pretty nice shape.

Matt