Re: Any 19V1001 FAQ, repair guides or monitor fixers out there?

From: <solarfox_at_texas.net>
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 21:28:19 EST

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:31:25 -0600, you wrote:

>Sorry, should have listed symptoms to begin with. There is a glow in the
>monitor neck, but no picture what so ever. Power is good as another monitor
>in the same cab works fine.

        You could've told that just from the neck glow, actually. :)

        OK, so you've got neck glow, but no picture. Do you hear any flyback
whine or static crackle which would indicate the high voltage is working?
If not, you might have a flyback problem. I seem to recall that the
high-voltage diode in the anode lead is a common failure on these...
Fortunately, they're replaceable. (Or, more accurately, they're
*accessable* -- the diode is in a little plastic "bullet" inside the place
where the anode lead emerges from the flyback. Getting your hands on one,
however, might present difficulties... Anyone know of a good source for
these?)
"In ancient times, they believed that there were only four kinds of matter:
Earth, Water, Air, and Fire. Nowadays, of course, we know that there are
actually four states of matter: Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Plasma. Thank God
for progress!" ---(Kelvin Throop III)