RE: Ms. Pac-Man Monitor (WG?) bends UPDATE

From: Stempak Arcadius-ASTEMPA1 <ASTEMPA1_at_motorola.com>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 17:26:13 EDT

 Tim,
 ****

  To answer some of your questions / clear things up,
If (as you have indicated) you have Color Bleeding, then
you may have to tweak things, (as you said, re-align the
electron guns) although I would Not reccomend this until
you have exhausted all other possibilities.

  As for Replacing the Capacitors (Cap Kit) this is the
First thing that I would reccomend, before taking any other
action(s).

  Finally, if you tweaked the ' Knob ' connected to the Flyback
(HV) Transformer, I would not worry in the least bit. You see,
 every (and I mean, Every) modern day (including this one) Monitor
has an X-Ray Protection Feedback Circuit built in. What this means
is that if the HV Level ever goes into a Runaway State (as I call
it) and climbs over 30+ KV (Actually Varies by make of Monitor)
this Circuit, typically shuts things down, immediately, that is unless
Your Monitor was worked over and the Circuit was Disabled (Not likely).

 Also even if you cranked the ' Knob ' on the HV all the way to whatever
Voltage, you think you are at (If you have a High Voltage Probe you can
also check this), the Monitor has over 1 Inch of Glass on the
Front(Face)
of itself, so no chance of anything really doing any Harm to you.

  Regards............
Arcadius...........