Re: Ms. Pac-Man Monitor (WG?) bends UPDATE

From: Tim Soderstrom <tim_at_moocowproductions.org>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 16:16:40 EDT

Ok, the issue continues :)

I talked to a guy here at work who cleared up some of my questions. It
looks like I may need to re-align the electron guns to fix the color
bleeding, and I will likely need a capkit to fix the screen bending.
That said, I have a new concern and that was that I might have made a
mistake by playing with the knob connected to the flyback (on the right
side of the HV cage. He mentioned that tweaking this might cause X-rays
to leak out of the tube due to basically an overvolt. I thought I would
check with fellow arcade owners since his experience if for CRTs in
general. Should I be concerned about this? And if so, is there a place I
can look for adjusting this knob to normal limits?

Also, I am still looking for a local arcade / monitor repair shop in San
Antonio, TX. If anyone knows of someone, I would rather go with someone
by word of mouth than the yellow pages :)

Thanks as always! :) I thought I knew a few things from my experience
with my Space Duel cabinet. I was horribly mistaken :)