Re: Re: Tron troubleshooting/repair

From: EvilJim <eviljim13_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 13:55:09 EDT

Just a bit of clarification on the single- v. double-row connections.
While I understand how to tell which end of the connector is "pin 1"
(red or other marking on edge of ribbon), I'm not sure how to determine
which row would be the correct one. (I had purchased replacements when
I first got the game, but I may have them installed incorrectly.)

I have also noticed an item on the PCB stack which I am sure is not
helping. On two of the boards, there are what appear to be upright
"buss bars" or some sort of "trace plane". They are paper covered
metal, which run across the board, with pins that drop to 5-8 different
pads. Some of the small pins have snapped, so that connection is not
there. Any source for replacements, or tips on what to use if not
available?

I have still done no testing, but saw this on a visual inspection of the
stack. I begin to repair this in earnest now, as opposed to earlier
this year when I /thought/ I was going to begin in earnest. LOL