Re: Atari orange test fixture

From: <Thomas43_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 13:53:17 EST

In a message dated 11/29/99 10:34:38 AM, tomm@mgcap.com writes:

<< Ok:

I'm in the process of acquiring that orange Atari test fixture that was
just on eBay, and I'm wondering who has any documentation on this? Or
even the correct name? John Robertson - I know you have one of these,
and I know it's strictly for raster games, but what else can I do with
it? Am I correct in assuming it is basically a test rig? Here's a link
to the auction:
(http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=205478827)

I emailed my friend at Atari and asked him about the unit, and here was his
response.

<<
Yes that's a picture of a CTF 1 (Computer Test Fixture) or as we use to
call it 'a boat anchor'... It uses a program plugs like the ones on the PAT.
The plugs are not compatible and if mistakenly plugged into the PAT could
do considerable damage to the PAT.

Later>>

I own a PAT 9000, and all the game adapters only use one of those plugs per
game. This unit uses 3 per game. I would suspect that the plug adapters for
this unit would be nearly impossible to come by. I also did some research on
the parts required to make one of the adapters for the PAT 9000. You can
order all the parts needed from ITT Cannon, but they will cost about $125 per
plug. Just multiply that by 3 for each plug you need for this unit.

That's about all I know, and all my source could remember.

Scott