Re: fluke 9010a help required please

From: ayeckley <ayeckley_at_neo.rr.com>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 21:50:57 EST

>trouble is when i try to upload them back to the fluke
>always at line 7 fluke sends an error message (Scriptfile about 110 lines long)
>and aborts sadly the message it gives is the abiguous message
>AUX-Receiving-ERROR discribed as 'Miscellanious Transmission Problems'????

I'm willing to bet that the Fluke needs to have hardware handshaking that
your PIII is not providing, and you are overflowing the Fluke's buffer. I've
had that problem with my Data I/O EPROM programmer. I wasn't able
to get Win 95 (which I was running at the time) to do the handshaking I
needed. This is all conjecture, since I never put a sniffer inline with my
COM ports to really see what was going on.

My solution was to get a $20 80386 and run DOS.

Alex
http://home.neo.lrun.com/ayeckle/
ayeckley@neo.lrun.com (Play)
yecklea@diebold.com (Work)

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.