Re: Z80 pods, 2 versions...

From: Kev <KKlopp_at_EROLS.COM>
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 15:14:21 EST

> So you're buying up more pods and accessories than you need,
> then ebaying them to maximize your profit, thus taking them off
> the market except to the most well-heeled buyers, whether
> hobbyist or not?

Big debate, who does this for the love of the hobby & who does it for the
love of $?

How much do we cater to fellow hobbiest & how much do we look to make a
profit?

John, isn't a fellow hobbiest ~ to him it is a profession, so actually we
are lucky that he shares with us hobbiest. And I'm sure he has benefited
from some hobbiest knowledge too.

I must say it was a bit of an eye opener when I was trying to purchase the
Fluke 90 testers, to the lack of co operation or comradere I found.

But we cann't dwell upon this stuff or one may become embittered.... "I'm
not going to share this since others will profit from it....I want to profit
from it exclusively".

I've struggled with this issue a bit too. I've decided to share freely my
meager knowledge on Pac repairs and make $ from actual repair services that
I perform. Equipment or materials? They go at the going rate or in
swaps/trades/exchanges.

Even with the knowledge some people do not have the tools, skills or
abilities to do the work.

Kev

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.