Re: Trade: Fluke 9010A manuals for 9000 manuals

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_neo.rr.com>
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 13:30:33 EDT

> If anyone has the 9000 unit, the hard drive in them is either a SCSI or a
> MFM with a SCSI -> MFM interface board. There would be a SCSI port on the
> rear that you can copy the internal hard-drive to a backup drive (I'm
> definitely going to do this!)

Has anyone successfully done this? Since it's a non-PC format, wouldn't
the drive have to be copied sector-for-sector and track-for-track (meaning
that the destination drive would have to be virtually identical to the source)?
Or doesn't that apply in SCSI? Is it SCSI1 or SCSI2?

FWIW, the drive in at least one of mine is a WDC model 8425. Couldn't find
out much on Western's web site...

Alex
http://www.elektronforge.com
ayeckley@elektronforge.com

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.