Re: Trade: Fluke 9010A manuals for 9000 manuals

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 14:10:31 EDT

<x-flowed>
According to the documents I have, you can copy file either from the hard
drive to the floppy OR to an external hard drive. I shall be experimenting
with this in the near future, but I suspect you are correct in that the
SCSI drive I hook up would need to be formatted to Flukes format. What ever
that is...(MAC? It is a 68000 based system I believe)

John :-#)#

At 10:30 AM 4/15/2001, you wrote:
> > If anyone has the 9000 unit, the hard drive in them is either a SCSI or a
> > MFM with a SCSI -> MFM interface board. There would be a SCSI port on the
> > rear that you can copy the internal hard-drive to a backup drive (I'm
> > definitely going to do this!)
>
>Has anyone successfully done this? Since it's a non-PC format, wouldn't
>the drive have to be copied sector-for-sector and track-for-track (meaning
>that the destination drive would have to be virtually identical to the
>source)?
>Or doesn't that apply in SCSI? Is it SCSI1 or SCSI2?
>
>FWIW, the drive in at least one of mine is a WDC model 8425. Couldn't find
>out much on Western's web site...
>
>Alex
>http://www.elektronforge.com
>ayeckley@elektronforge.com
>
> To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
> message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
> questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.

</x-flowed>