Re: Trade: Fluke 9010A manuals for 9000 manuals

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_neo.rr.com>
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 14:15:05 EDT

> According to the documents I have, you can copy file either from the hard
> drive to the floppy OR to an external hard drive. I shall be experimenting
> with this in the near future, but I suspect you are correct in that the
> SCSI drive I hook up would need to be formatted to Flukes format. What ever
> that is...(MAC? It is a 68000 based system I believe)

You can copy files, but not the operating system. Rumor has
it that they used a faily sophisticated copy protection scheme.
I've also heard that there is a utility out there that will allow you
to copy the OS. When I tried to copy it to floppies (as advertised
in the manuals) it just sort of hung up (I waited 30+ mins to see
what would happen).

Alex
http://www.elektronforge.com
ayeckley@elektronforge.com

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.