Re: Fluke 9010 questions

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 19:28:04 EDT

You could probably do this with something like a Pacman MPU that allows you to freeze the program, but I don't think the Fluke will do that directly. You would have to restore the registers in the CPU to what they were when you stopped the game and I don't know of a way to do that with the 9010. <br><br>
The 90 Series Z80 will do this as it halts the on-board CPU to do it's examinations and I believe this will allow the program to continue from where it left off. There aren't many of these around...I have three, one is a Z80, one is an 8085 modified to be a Z80 (sick), and the last is a 8085 that is not modified. I have instructions (ugly) on how to modify a series 90 from 8085 to Z80 and the fellow that was selling them over a year ago (Walter Burgess) said he was sold out when I ordered my last one last October.<br><br>
John :-#)#<br><br>
At 06:50 AM 10/08/01, you wrote:<br>
I want to be able to pause a running board, examine memory, and resume the game where it was paused.&nbsp; I would think it could do this but I must have overlooked something.<br><br>
Lastly, does anyone have a 6809 pod for sale?&nbsp;&nbsp; I'd also trade a 8088 pod + some cash if someone was interested.<br><br>
Werner Sharp<br>
sharpw@bellsouth.net</blockquote></html>