Re: Fluke 9010 questions

From: Corey Stup <Corey_at_Stup.net>
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 00:09:17 EDT

> You could probably do this with something like a Pacman MPU that allows you
> to freeze the program, but I don't think the Fluke will do that directly.
> You would have to restore the registers in the CPU to what they were when
> you stopped the game and I don't know of a way to do that with the 9010.
The Fluke is not an in-circuit emulator. It can run code using the CPU
in the pod, but you can't interact with that CPU at the lower levels,
setting breakpoints, reading CPU registers, etc.

> The 90 Series Z80 will do this as it halts the on-board CPU to do it's
> examinations and I believe this will allow the program to continue from
> where it left off. There aren't many of these around...I have three, one is
> a Z80, one is an 8085 modified to be a Z80 (sick), and the last is a 8085
> that is not modified. I have instructions (ugly) on how to modify a series
> 90 from 8085 to Z80 and the fellow that was selling them over a year ago
> (Walter Burgess) said he was sold out when I ordered my last one last October.

I still have a never used, still boxed Z80 unit for sale. Got a few
inquiries, but no one seemed serious.

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.