Re: 9010A ->232

From: Invadar \ <Invadar_at_mean-machine.org.uk>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 11:25:03 EST

<x-flowed>
At 14:13 02-02-02 , you wrote:

Yes Try TELIX Dos based software it's Ideal for the job I use it all the time
if you don't have it drop me a line Off-list.
I have attached a 1k plain text file of operating instructions
should anyone else on the list need them.
Regards Pete (Invadar)

>What type of software do you guys use when interfacing the 9010A to a
>computer via a 232 port?
>
>Is there any software that will run on an old 386 computer?
>
>Thanks,
>Kev
>

> To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
> message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
> questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.

</x-flowed>
Fluke ? PC Transfer

Setup (should match settings on the Fluke)

PC Run Telix
                Set Parameters 9600 Baud, no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit
                Alt-O Terminal Options
                J,K,L - ON
                C - TTY

Fluke ? PC Transfer

Fluke Load program/tape into Fluke memory.
                Press AUX I/F

PC ALT - R
                Protocol prompt - ASCII
                "Enter file name"
                Press Return

Fluke If you want an ASCII file (i.e. printer format), press PROG
on Fluke.

Fluke If you want BINARY FORMAT (Fluke executable format),
                press WRITE on Fluke.

PC ? Fluke Transfer

Setup as before

PC ALT - S
                Select ASCII protocol
                Select the desired file and press the RETURN key once to
                put selected file in "Tagged Files" box.

Fluke Press AUX I/F
                Press READ
                At the "Are you sure" prompt hit YES.
                "Aux Receiving" prompt.

PC Press F10

If all's well the line indication at the bottom left of the status bar should be incrementing.