Re: Replace the 9010A base with an IBM Parallel port?

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 21:38:28 EST

> >I don't think there would be much profit motive, unless someone was to
> >reproduce the pods also.

> Ah, but the base is so sssllloooowwwwwwww....

Just for my own trivia, riddle me this:

If it is so slow, and saved time would = $$, how much would it be worth, to
you (John),
to have the system ported to the PC?

I use the 9000 system frequently. I don't find it particularly slow.
In fact I find the slowest part is how long it takes me to translate the
test results (not obtain them).
It could be faster, but I tend to agree with Kevin; is it worth it...

You can download test code to UUT ram today, quickly enough by using the
tape drive.
Plus you only have to "figure it out" on one platform.

BTW, it does sound like a fun project, but I have to wonder if it is the
best place to put what little time we have.

-Mark