Re: 9010A Getting Started

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 12:06:18 EDT

Well, the fastest would be a QT pod on either the 9100 or 9010. See the QT pod does not depend on handshaking between the pod and it's host, rather it runs the tests between it and the UUT as commanded. The basic pods that are not QT all have to be told the address to go to, write that address, tell the base it's written that address, then the base tells it to read the address, the pod then reports what it read, then the base tells it to go to the next address and so on, as you can imagine this all takes a bit of time. <br><br>
The Quick Test is different - the base tells the pod to run the Quick Ram Test between addresses XXXX &amp; YYYY and then the pod goes and does that AT CPU SPEED, then the pod reports back success or failure. If failure then you have to run a program to identify the location via the slower regular ram test. As stated in the 68000 manual and the Technical notes the Quick Test is about 20 times faster than the regular one...<br><br>
The problem I am trying to solve is when you load a program (with binary) via the tape drive into the Fluke, can you extract it via the RS-232 port or can you only do this process with the tape drive?<br><br>
John :-#)#<br><br>
Oh, and the question has arisen about how to subscribe/unsubscribe from the list:<br><br>
To do either you send email to &quot;MajorDomo@flippers.com&quot; and in the body you state either &quot;Subscribe techtoolslist&quot; or &quot;Unsubscribe techtoolslist&quot;, note that the Subject is &quot;&quot; (Blank)...<br><br>
At 01:19 PM 16/04/2002 -0400, Kev wrote:<br><br>
&gt; Kev, The 3(or 2)XXXXXX are for the QT pod only. If you want to learn about<br>
&gt; this neat pod (I'll scan it eventually but it's a lot of pages), then read<br>
&gt; up on the Quick Test in the 68000 manual, the routines are very similar.<br>
&gt;<br><br>
Okay, devils advocate again, Which is faster a QT pod or a 9100/9100FT?<br><br>
&gt; As for the Troubleshooter booklets, I did scan in the compiled 1984 and<br>
&gt; 1985 set which has additional info not on the issues previously scanned<br>
in.<br>
&gt; Check the latest uploads to the FTP site (Sunday).<br>
&gt;<br>
Got those, thanks again!<br><br>
&gt; I also received a copy of the docs for the FLUKE Utility Tapes which cover<br>
&gt; the Frequency Check program for the probe as well as Tape Merge and<br>
others.<br><br>
Where are these?&nbsp; I've been going thru some of the code by hand but we all<br>
know how slow that is....<br><br>
&gt; Does anyone know how to extract the BINARY portions of programs when they<br>
&gt; are sent to the 9010? This appears to be a problem with transferring the<br>
&gt; tapes to PC via the RS-232 port. Anyone have the Utility Tape and can<br>
&gt; transfer the programs to a PC file?<br>
&gt;<br><br>
Isn't there a way to query the location of the file in program memory?<br><br>
Kev</blockquote></html>