Re: Compressing/Page Capturing PDFs

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 16:21:26 EDT

Another option is to scan the pages as bitmap (bmp) files. They *seem*
to be very large, but if you then compress them using Zip or RAR, the
files become rather small. Prior to compression, I typically reduce the
color depth to 2 bits, and if you do not need image detail for
schematics or the like, this will shrink the file size down as well.
PLay around with the DPI setting to find something that works. 300, as
Matt mentioned is nice, but 150 will also work in some cases.

Not as easy to look at as pdf documents, but you get a smaller file
size.

tm