Re: RAM tester?

From: tom mcclintock <tomm_at_mgcap.com>
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 13:28:32 EDT

I've got an Apple II+ and a self diagnostic EPROM that will test the
on-board 4116 RAM. I need to replace the sockets with some ZIFs, but it
is a pretty low-cost way to test many RAMs at once.

My EPROM Pocket Programmer also has some older software that will do
SRAM checks on 2K/8K/32K X 8 RAMs. I'm not confident the SRAM test
routines are robust enough though...

Would be nice to find an EPROM tester. I've gone through a batch of
2732s that program, verify and then fail when in use.

I also have some software for an Apple II that will test 74 series TTL
chips - assuming you have the Fairy IC Tester card. Anyone want to port
that over to an Intel platform? Mark? :)

tm