Re: From All Bad Comes Some Good (was: Sad 9100 day for me)

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_augustmail.com>
Date: Mon Jun 17 2002 - 05:14:22 EDT

> They were sent to Chris Hardy for him
> to duplicate (if you are reading this did you ever manage it?)

Can we get our hands on them again? If so, I can back them up,
so we can have some geographically distrubuted backups.

> So assuming we can still copy the disks does anyone have a dead 9100 which
> they sell me parts from (My HDD and PSU are fine) or a 9010A RS-232 module
> so I can get at least on fluke working usefully?
> Dave Langley

Dunno about that, but the other thing that comes to mind, is, if we
image the fluke hdd to a larger (logically), smaller (physically) hdd,
the new drive will assume the geometry of the image. Anotherwords,
we don't need the same drive (unless there is security, which I doubt).

-Mark