Re: 8051 pod manual

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 14:31:44 EDT

<x-flowed>
OK, I'm more awake now...the 8051 would be a bit of a nightmare to make
adapter cards for. However the 68000 would fill the bill very nicely. We'll
cook up a couple in the next week or so, what adapters would people like?
6809? 6502? Z80? Any of these should be possible and the ability to run
fast RAM and ROM tests might well be worth it!

The bare cards in prototype runs will cost something like $40 - $50US each,
you would need to populate it. A socket and a pin header should do the job.
Let me price it out, but if can I get a response on who might be interested
then I can tell if I am just building this for my shop or other folks...

John :-#)#

At 09:43 AM 27/06/2002 -0700, John Robertson wrote:
>Does anyone have this manual that they could scan for sharing? This pod
>looks like a winner. I think with the tests it can perform it might make a
>good base for a universal pod. It has a RAM test that is run at system
>speed, ROM Checksum(!) test that can identify stuck bits in the ROM(!) and
>a few others that would be great to use according to the docs I just got
>on in describing it's tests.
>
>The 68000 (tests as a 68010 as well by the way) pod also does the same
>tests, perhaps that one is more common, but as it has a larger plug I
>thought it would be more unwieldy to make adapter cards.
>
>John :-#)#

</x-flowed>