Re: Copying Fluke 9100 floppies

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 20:55:15 EDT

<x-flowed>
The pod library discs are shipped with every 9100/9105, as well as two User
Discs, and two System Discs. The machine is serialized AFAIK, and the disc
identifies or sets that. It would be nice to find a non-serialized disc set...

The 9100's "Getting Started A Guides For New Users" mentions "The
multi-function interface uses the popular Small Computer Systems Interface
(SCSI) standard. It provides high-speed access to hard disks, tape backup
systems, and other mass storage devices." Then it says to connect a SCSI
peripheral to the mainframe "Connect the device's cable to the 50-pin MFI
connector located on the back of the mainframe (Figure 4)." Mind you it
says nothing further on the subject...

Got to keep digging...

John :-#)#

At 10:48 PM 05/09/2002 +0100, Dave Langley wrote:

>At 10:42 pm 5 09 02, you wrote:
>>Dave Langley managed to get a set of virgin (not yet node locked) system
>>disks and was working with Chris Hardy on a means to duplicate them.
>>
>>I'm not sure what the conclusion was. Maybe they'd like to comment on
>>their findings?
>
>Chris still has them ...
>
>It was a set of three system disks and 2 disks with the pod library(s) on
>them.
>
>I have managed to find the Email address of the guy at fluke Europe who
>sent me them.
>(overnight international data post and Free! ... thats service on a 15ish
>year old piece of kit!)
>
> If there is any more software required let me know and I'll make contact
> with him and see what I can do.
>

>Dave Langley
>www.robotron-2084.co.uk

</x-flowed>