Re: 9100a on ebay

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 19:59:16 EST

<x-flowed>
This IS a 9100A not an 9100AF , I don't think I refer to it as a
9100AF...I'll rewrite the add a bit as per below...

This does not include the programmers station, I thought it was clear as I
certainly would have added that to the description, plus it is shown in the
brochure as an option. I did not know these were available anywhere else as
military surplus, I've been watching eBay for three or so years and I
thought I was the only one to sell these off.

So it does not have the video card nor monitor. I shall update the auction
to reflect that.

This was the third of three units that I bought, and it was missing the
68000, 6800, Z80, and 6802 pods. I do have those used and tested - perhaps
I should add them if the machine doesn't sell the first time.

It has got the System 6 software and a tested hard drive - the original one
died after just a few minutes, this one, new, was burned in for six hours.
Got it from Navatek.

The riser card is not included with this one either. Last one of mine...I
was planning on holding on to it, but decided I did not need two 9100 units
at the shop along with half a dozen 9010s and pods...a Fluke farm is what I
have these days. I hope to sort it all out after Xmas and start offering
the stuff up.

John :-#)#

At 07:29 PM 23/11/2002 -0500, Amplifone@aol.com wrote:

>I noticed john's 9100A/AF on ebay.. The auction shows the edit station
>(keyboard & monitor) , is it included? Also does the 9100a unit itself have
>a video card? If this is like the military surplus systems I've seen it won't
>have an edit station or video card installed, so they cannot run editor and
>create guided test programs. If it does have these items $1500 is an
>excellent price (even though the 6800, 6802 & z-80 pods have been pulled), if
>not than it seems its not much more usable than a 9010a...
>
>I don't mean to bust john, but if my assumptions are correct the auction
>doesn't point this out. if anybody on the TTL were to buy that system I'd
>hate for them to be dissappointed that the full functionality of a 9100a
>isn't available to them... AFAIK all consumer 9100 series units had video
>cards.
>
>Did that system come with the 68000 riser card for the 9100a?
>
>Jeff

</x-flowed>