Re: 9100a on ebay

From: <Amplifone_at_aol.com>
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 20:24:01 EST

Thats kinda what I figured.. These were the systems that were availalbe on a
lot of test equipment sites a couple years ago (like testequity.com).. They
all came from a large test equipment wholesaler in baltimore that bought
about 200 of them from an air force base in TX a long while ago from a DRMO
sale, back when they weren't public. They were selling them to a lot of large
companies like IBM and most of the toy manufacturers all bought some as
well.. After that some went to other test equipment dealers and when they
were down to 10 or so left they were selling them for around $2k for a
complete set in 1999. I assume they are out of them now.. I saw a pile of
them in thier warehoue and the owner gave me the full story on them... they
didn't have any keyboards, monitors, or I/O pods sitting around :(

The systems did come with 2 complete sets of manuals though.. no TL/1 manuals
of course..

Jeff