Re: 9100 keyboard wedge (update 3)

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 02:31:59 EDT

<x-flowed>
You will not get the machine to go to the EDIT without a working keyboard,
as the keyboard sends a simple response to the RESET signal (when you press
the EDIT key). I have been able to fool the 9100 by simply plugging in a
keyboard as I press the EDIT key. It will often switch to the blue screen
then - and be completely unusable of course without the keyboard - the
9100's built-in keyboard is inactive for some stupid reason at this
point....why I don't know - would have been a nice option.

John :-#)#

At 10:40 PM 23/06/2003 -0700, David Shoemaker wrote:

>Oh one last thing. For someone who has a working program station setup. If
>you hook the monitor up but not the keyboard do you get anything on screen?
>What about if you hit the EDIT button on the 9100? I am trying to see if my
>monitor is going to work or not (Commodore 1084-D) and am getting nothing on
>screen.
>
>David

</x-flowed>