Re: Poll closed! No to FA: or FS:

From: Phil <pharwood_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 16:07:46 EDT

John,
I hope you continue to allow the mention and or listing of some
equipment/material that is related.
I recall one person discovered a pile of Fluke equipment and modules that
was virtually considered a gold mine. That was, and is a very constructive
use of the board in the interest of the community.

What I was objecting to was the Spam style ads, which are irrelevant to the
industry. As I stated, I have a warehouse of stuff to liquidate, I question
the wisdom of listing pages of "stuff" for sale here. That was my objection,
as I would guess most others that monitor the board.

Until this F-5 ad, things were going along rather smoothly being a low
volume board. Personally, I and would guess most, don't have time to start
scanning lists of sale items for something relevant along with other
discussions.

Perhaps you could start another board that list only items for sale, that
would be a venue all to sell listing in more detail equipment, parts, or
anything else. This seems to be a rather small community so I would question
the wisdom of just saying "no" across the board. At least let it continue as
it was, and if someone abuses it, slap them on the wrist, if needed, pull
their plug !

A thought.
Phil.