RE: Poll closed! No to FA: or FS:

From: Clay Cowgill <c.cowgill_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 16:23:57 EDT

Dang, pretty short poll there John-- hope that people were reading and
responding while at work! ;-)

Personally I like and value the FS postings of equipment appropriate to the
list-- troubleshooters, o'scopes, logic analyzers, device programmers, etc.

I for one would offer equipment here for sale before eBay simply because I
"know" the potential buyers a bit more. Similarly I'd feel better buying
used gear from someone here that I've read posts from for years rather than
just some random guy on eBay...

If it were *my* choice, I'd simply make the rule a little flexible--
"occasional FS/FA posts for equipment appropriate to the subject matter of
the list are permissable as long as they don't get to be a problem and are
identified by FA or FS in the subject line". You get to define "problem"
when it becomes one. ;-) People that don't want to see the FA/FS can just
filter based on the subject.

Volume on this list is really, really low, so if I have to hit 'delete'
twice in the last two months to get rid of all the FS posts, it's worth it
to have the opportunity to maybe get a piece of gear I need later down the
road...

Just my $0.02!

-Clay