Re: Fluke 9010a 68000 Pod Eprom TestingonOutrun-help please !!

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 15:22:13 EDT

Ahhh.... Is this partly what the big custom is for next to CPU 1 ? - I see
its got a number of Chip Selects that mostly go to the bottom board.....
Not sure what else it does though, maybe it does blits and things too ??

So far, the CPU 1 Eproms and Rams appear to be 'hard wired memory mapped' ,
so at least I can get at them initially.... ( I've not looked if the 2nd
68000 shared memory is hard wired yet though )

Its also possible (well I did a quick test and it worked for me) to just run
tests on the top board on its own..... obviously you are Blind here.....
I'm learning as I go....

If the stuff (maybe on the bottom board) is dynamic, then I'd hope that if
you got the top board initially running the code, then it sets up the map
for you....and you just prod away at it then..... I do agree that they
are indeed a PIG though....

Cheers, Colin