Re: Alpha Electronics Dynamic Integrated Digital ICTester on eBay

From: Jose Luiz Martins <joseluizmartins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 10 2013 - 17:30:06 EDT

Hi Fabrizio,

I use to remove the Processor before testing, but as far as I remember
it is not mandatory for BK-560 but it's recommended for ICT-101.

I don't know if ICT-101 is the famous Board-Walker, someone else told
me that, but I'm not sure.

I like BK-560 because it tests 2114 and many other RAM types
in-circuit, ICT-101 is easier to use and more practical, but less
reliable them BK, I mean, it set as undefined/bad more ICs them BK-560
- as I said it not necessarily a bad IC.

If you have one BK-560 for reasonable price, I would suggest you to
buy, but consider to get one HP 10529A as well.

Unfortunately I don't have it's PC software, but I think it's more
useful to automatize the troubleshoot process when you have to fix the
same board type many times.

Will check the firmware version.

JL