G-80 Multigame...

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 18:51:36 EDT

OK, here's a quiz for everyone then. (please reply to "clay@supra.com" so
we don't clutter up the mailing list)

Before Dave, Zonn, Al and all of us spend a whole bunch of time
designing/coding/producing a Multi-game system for the Sega G-80 games,
would you:

1) Buy a Multi-game board for $99 that allowed you to play (on one machine):

Star Trek
Zektor
Space Fury
Eliminator
Tac Scan

But without "sound effects" for Space Fury, Eliminator/Zektor unless you
buy a sound board for those specifically?

2) Buy a Multi-game board for $199 that allowed you to play (on one machine):

Star Trek
Zektor
Space Fury
Eliminator
Tac Scan

With sounds for all games. (although the SF/Zektor/Elim sounds may not be
100% original.)

3) Pay another $50 for a "development" version of the board with
documentation that allows you to hook up a PC/MAC by a serial cable and
write your own games?

The point of this isn't a business venture, but when making a small
production run of printed circuit boards I need to have a feel for how many
I'll be doing to get quantity price breaks and buy parts, etc. There will
be some "profit" margin in there to cover bad boards, general expenses, the
occasional lost package, and the inevitable "support" time to help
troubleshoot, etc. but with a grand total of maybe 50 units being produced
(ever) nobody's going to get rich...

(The answer doesn't *really* matter to me since I'm doing one for myself
one way or the other, but it'll help us figure out if we should worry about
price or not...)

Thanks,
-Clay

P.S. Hey Al, how many people are on the mailing list?

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/