Audio emulation

From: Hedley Rainnie <hedley_at_8x8.com>
Date: Fri May 02 1997 - 17:55:47 EDT

Folks,

I have discussed custom audio board emulation with Al recently.
Basically the idea is to spice the analog on the boards and come
up with .wav file output from the simulations. I have since refined
this thought to an idea of a equivalent digital block that works at
say 8khz and maintains (via approximations based off the original
spice runs) state of the circuit for the sounds in question. Parts
of the circuit that produce ramps or slow changing output can be
dumbed down from the 8khz output rate (in case the model for the
device in question is computationally too intensive).

I don't see P5 based platforms really getting to upset by the 8khz
block calculations.

Hedley

PS: The Zektor story has been a really quite inspiring. Sort of stuff
    that in other contexts sounds a bit like the holy grail. Great
    story, great ending.

hedley@8x8.com | 8x8, Inc
hedley@netcom.com | Santa Clara, CA. (408) 654-0883