Re: Space Fury Cocktail

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon May 05 1997 - 10:43:10 EDT

On May 2, 9:01pm, mayday19 wrote:
> Subject: Space Fury Cocktail
> Hey all,
>
> I am just getting to the SEGA stuff, it certainly seems to be all the
> rage right now. I figured I need to try something new since I have not
> messed around with the SEGA stuff much...

So you want to try out Sega XY stuff? You are a glutton for punishment! ;-)

> I found a guy who has 3 space Furys, 1 UR and 2 CTs. he said 1 of the
> CTs has only 500 plays on it. I am just curious, but are these all that
> uncommon? I know that other than ST:SOS there are a lot of Space Furys
> out there, but I have never heard of a CT.

The cocktail Sega XY games are not too very common, so definitely grab these.
 I'd love to find out more about their monitors, since I know the chassis is
modified so it can fit in a cocktail cabinet.

> I should be picking them up
> next weekend along with a pile of other vector games, this guy said he
> had a 4-p eliminator that he might have parted out, so I hope I can dig
> up the parts for it whle I am there!

Ooo! Ooo! I'd be interested in the 4-player Eliminator parts! I'm always
looking for a yellow and red control panel that's in better condition than
mine! Also, see if he has the cool high impact promotional canopy for the
game! I'd love to get one of these! I'd be happy with just a marquee!

> I also have a set of Eliminator boards I am picking up tomorrow, could
> any of you guys tell me what the labeling is for the UR, CT, and 4p
> versions so I can know what kind of set I have here?

If you look at the EPROM board, here's what you should see:

EPROM range Game
---------------------
1200 1212 Eliminator cocktail
1333 1345 Eliminator upright
1347 1360 Eliminator 4-player

Good luck on your acquisitions! More than likely you'll have problems with
these, so let me know if you need any help (repair, boards, tips, FAQ...)

Sega XY FAQ author /_/|_| /_/ /____/_/|_|
________________ The One and Only 4-player vector game