Re: Space Fury Cocktail

From: mayday19 <mayday19_at_IDT.NET>
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 00:52:30 EDT

> The cocktail Sega XY games are not too very common, so definitely grab these.
> I'd love to find out more about their monitors, since I know the chassis is
> modified so it can fit in a cocktail cabinet.

I talked to him again, and he said one of the CTs is missing a monitor,
but I have 3 extra G-08s (have not tested them yet) already so maybe I
could make one fit.

> > I should be picking them up
> > next weekend along with a pile of other vector games, this guy said he
> > had a 4-p eliminator that he might have parted out, so I hope I can dig
> > up the parts for it whle I am there!
>
> Ooo! Ooo! I'd be interested in the 4-player Eliminator parts! I'm always
> looking for a yellow and red control panel that's in better condition than
> mine! Also, see if he has the cool high impact promotional canopy for the
> game! I'd love to get one of these! I'd be happy with just a marquee!

I have seen that on a flyer, but the flyer I have for the 4-p eliminator
does not have the canopy, so they must have given up on the canopy early
on and changed the flyer. also, on one of the flyers (I forgot the
difference), all the panels are the color of the player, and on the flyer
I have, all the panels are black, and only the buttons are the color of
the player.

I'd love to get a 4-p eliminator too! how many were made and how many
collectors on the net have them?

> > I also have a set of Eliminator boards I am picking up tomorrow, could
> > any of you guys tell me what the labeling is for the UR, CT, and 4p
> > versions so I can know what kind of set I have here?
>
> If you look at the EPROM board, here's what you should see:
>
> EPROM range Game
> ---------------------
> 1200 1212 Eliminator cocktail
> 1333 1345 Eliminator upright
> 1347 1360 Eliminator 4-player

Thanks, I'll take a look tonight...

the marquee I have for the eliminator converta-cab has a purple
background, I seem to recall seeing a different color like black, or are
they all like this?

> Good luck on your acquisitions! More than likely you'll have problems with
> these, so let me know if you need any help (repair, boards, tips, FAQ...)

Thanks, I'll probably need it!

Jeff