Re: list charter

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 16:33:50 EDT

On May 6, 3:07pm, Ray Ghanbari wrote:
> Subject: Re: list charter
> You wrote:
>
> NB this is where Clay/Zonn/Mark/Dave/etc. need to step in with some juicy
> techie stuff to save me from myself ;-)

Are you kidding me?? I don't have a CLUE what a PIC is (ice pick? toothpic?).
 I'm much more into applying ("Let's power it up and see what it does") than
speculating ("What if we used a DAC to shift the lower bits to make a pig
fly?") :-)

The only problem with a project of this magnatude (Sega XY multigame/new
hardware) is that a lot of theorizing goes on and ideas, and (not all the time,
but most of the time) nothing gets done because 1) There are so many ways to do
it and no one can agree which way to do it, 2) Everyone likes the idea right
now, but it's actually item #307 on their "TO DO" list, and 3) by the time you
DO get to it, the excitement of it is lost so you just don't :-).

Whereas I'm the type to just say "Here's the hardware, enjoy!" :-)

PS. Don't get me wrong; I'd love to see this project actually come to pass; I
think it's everyone's right to enjoy Sega XY game (I love 'em!). As soon as
David Fish has the code re-written to play them without the special chips, no
one will be limited by the ability to obtain rare hardware. I'd also like to
see a PC emulator written. In my opinion, a multigame is #3 behind these other
two projects.

Anyway, back to the show...

Sega XY FAQ author /_/|_| /_/ /____/_/|_|
________________ The One and Only 4-player vector game