Re: cine sound board

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Wed Jun 11 1997 - 17:18:00 EDT

At 04:03 PM 6/11/97 -0500, you wrote:

> I agree with you. The 20th order filter was just an example. In fact,
something as small as a 4th order filter might, for all intents and
purposes, do the same thing (I had a Professor tell me one time that the
average of 4 LFSR generated pseudo-random numbers was a normally-distributed
pseudo-random number. He wasn't really in the field of signal-processing,
though. I got the 20 from the stats. profs that I had.) There have been
scores of papers written on LFSR generated pseudo-random numbers (Lots by
people here at Crystal, actually) so I will check into those.

You work at Crystal? My friend just put together a little demo board of
Crystal's new Midi synthesizer in a chip. Very cool! Crystal does some
neet stuff!

> It's definitely off the the University of Texas library for me tonight (In
search of a S2688 datasheet.) I hope they don't have funky hours for the
summer. I'll let y'all know if I find anything (UTexas has never let me
down before! <knock> <knock>)

Good luck! I wish I could remember the number of the National Semiconductor
replacement part that Cinematronics also used, it might be easier to find.

I think it was MM5586. But I'm probably wrong. If you come up empty handed
tonight, I'll go home and look at the Star Castle board that uses it and let
you know. Maybe someone else has access to a Cinematronics sound card that
uses the National S. part in place of the S2688 and can let you know before
tonight.

-Zonn