Re: SP0250 data format

From: Clay Cowgill <clay_at_supra.com>
Date: Thu Jun 12 1997 - 13:50:47 EDT

>I didn't get any replies on rec.games.video.arcade.collecting, so
>I thought I'd check here. What is the input format for the data
>going into the Orator (LPC10?)

I kinda thought it was LPC, but Larry Brantingham (the guy that designed
all of TI's speech chips-- the TMS5100, 5220CNL, as well as the current
stuff) seemed to think it was a formant synth. If it's just an LPC-10
varient and you could figure out what the filter order is you could
possibly convert the data to the TMS5220CNL. Much easier to find. :-)

-Clay

Clayton N. Cowgill Engineering Manager
/\ Diamond Multimedia Systems, Inc. clay@supra.com
\/ Communications Division http://www.supra.com/