Re: cine sound board

From: Joseph J. Welser <jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com>
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 13:39:40 EDT

> Thanks Kurt for a very nice copy of the Warrior manual!
>
> (He didn't even charge for postage, there must be a catch somewhere? ;^)
>
> -Zonn

        I'll add my kudos to Kurt, as well.....Thanks a bunch, and let me know if you ever need anything that I've got!

        While we're on the Cine. Sound board topic, the "Wideband Noise Generator" used in Warrior looks to be the same one used in Sundance, so add that to the list of Cine. Sound boards that use the noisy semiconductors. What do we have so far? Space Wars, Sundance, Warrior and possibly TailGunner. What about the other Vectorbeam stuff? Anyone have Star Hawk and/or Spead Freak manuals around?

        Which of the diodes is the actual "Noisy Semiconductor?" I haven't looked at this too closely yet (I'm putting the finishing touches on the Star Castle sounds) but the "Wideband Noise Generator" is an Op-Amp and a couple of diodes.

        Like I said, I'm putting the finishing touches on the Star Castle sounds. I talked to one of our seasoned DSP programmers here, and he told me that he thought that I'd have plenty of MIPS for what I needed to do (A noise generator, a couple of VCOs and a couple of Low-Pass filters,) so it looks like I found the hardware that I needed!

        Stay Tuned for more updates...

Joe