Re: CineSound Samples

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Tue Jul 22 1997 - 15:05:26 EDT

> > Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to sample any Cinematronics
> > sounds. I'm interested in getting all of the sounds for a single game
> > preferably Star Castle (with the exception of the background sound).
>
> While I haven't sampled any of the sounds, per se, I can give you code which simulates the S2688 noise generator, and transfer functions (s-domain, I haven't gotten around to using MATLAB to bilinear transform them to z-domain) for most/all the filters. > I haven't had time to test them out, so they're only as good as my circuit analysis skills.....
>
> I don't know if that would help you out any, but that's about the extent of my progress with my multi-game sound board.

Using that information to program a DSP is probably a great way to make a
universal sound board. However that won't help me much (unless I did the
next step :-) If no one has samples, I'll hook up a sound board and see
what I can get (but I don't have one for Star Castle).

Thanks,

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.