Re: (possible) replacement B&W HV assy

From: Zonn <zonn_at_concentric.net>
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 19:49:00 EDT

At 03:44 PM 7/29/97 -0800, you wrote:
>[..Cool HV unit discovery in an old IBM 3278 terminal monitor deleted...]
>
>>I'll try messing with them in the next day or so..
>
>Why do I always a little chuckle out of "I'll try messing with them in the
>next day or so" whenever it's used in conjunction with something electrical
>that's capable of generating very high voltages? ;-)

>Good luck, Al! Be careful. ;-)

Aww it probably won't kill ya!

Check this out, I knew this *jock* in High School, he was in my electronics
class, he used to discharge TV's with his body! I'm not kidding!

He would hold onto the chassis with one hand, and with his other hand, take
a piece of non-insulated copper grounding wire and stick it under the cap,
right after the TV was turned off.

Next door to us was the Automotive Shop, and for an encore he would
demonstrate his "conductibilities" by stopping a car engine by grabing the
ignition coil and ground!

He did this a few times, but after a while wouldn't perform his "Stupid
People Trick" anymore. He said he was bored with it, I think, since he WAS
the jock type, that he just didn't want to admit it hurt like hell!!

He probably made a million bucks selling Amway products and lives in
Manhattan or something, there is no justice...

-Zonn